Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fins on the Beach

When we first pulled up to Fin's on the Beach I must confess I was dreading it. I expected one of those super tacky tourists traps with fish paraphernalia everywhere and grossly overpriced, underwhelming seafood. However, I was presently surprised. The prices are on the higher end but overall the food is satisfactory. Their menu offers the typical "beachy" cuisine featuring mostly seafood in the form of soups, sandwiches and salads.

Instead of bread they give you complimentary hush puppies which were pretty average but good nonetheless...


First on the menu was the seafood chowder which was a zesty blend of shrimp, lump crap meat and chunks of corn garnished with fresh parsley.


I decided on the grilled fish (you may get any seafood item grilled, blackened or fried) paired with red beans and rice and a side salad (pictured above).

(I love their fish plates)


The fish was cooked really well! I am super picky when it comes to seafood at restaurants considering most places grill them to a dry jerky death but this fish was tender, well seasoned and although it's on the pricey side you get two large fillets which is well worth your money! The red beans and rice were also very nice. They were spicy but not overpowering and you could tell they were made fresh.

Lewis ordered the fish sandwich and opted for the blackened option.
While the fish tasted good, the sandwich bread overpowered it and the sandwich as a whole was a little bland (I would have been happy just eating the fish).


Mom ordered the grilled shrimp. They were slightly overdone for my liking but the flavor was spot on.


Over all I would say that I was pleasantly surprised by Fins. Although I think they are a tad overpriced, I left there feeling full and satisfied with my meal. The staff was very friendly and I think this would be a jolly place to eat during the beachy summer season.

Fins on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...