Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pho Ha Noi

I love authentic named restaurants, don't you? Especially ones of the Vietnamese variety, they're so fun to say (even though you're probably saying it wrong). This little dive specializes in Pho but also offers your run of the mill meals like shrimp and broccoli, tofu dishes, and...french fries (you know who you are you filthy American).

Here is a portion of their menu

I started off with the shrimp spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce. The spring rolls were a decent size and were overall pretty tasty. Be warned though, they do hide a couple of mint leaves in there and when you get them both in one bite it is none too pleasant. The peanut sauce was actually my favorite part and I even saved some to put on my entree.


Below is the grilled shrimp and broccoli with fried rice. The shrimp were well seasoned but waaaayyyyy over cooked. The fried rice was really tasty, I LOVE it when they incorporate egg and lots of veggies and they certainly didn't skimp on those (I spotted lima beans, carrots, peas, corn, and scallions).


I ordered the curry tofu which was pretty tasty. The tofu was firm and seasoned well, the curry sauce was very mild and it was served with carrots, yellow squash, onions, bok choy, and broccoli. They give you what they call "fish sauce" on the side but I personally found the sauce to be overpowering, however, a girl we were eating with LOVED it so I guess it just depends.


Overall I would say this place is pretty standard, the service is very friendly but we did have to wait a while for our food (even though we were some of the only people in the place) the food is fresh and tastes good for the most part and it's definitely affordable. Next time I would try the pho, since that's what they're known for but it was just too darn hot out today.

Pho Ha Noi on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Tell me what you think, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...